Salty meets sweet in these Nutella Pretzel Brownies! A perfectly fudgy Nutella brownie with roasted hazelnuts and salty pretzels mixed in. This decadent dessert will satisfy all of your salty and sweet cravings!
If you’re a lover of the salty/sweet combination, you’re going to love today’s recipe! These Nutella brownies are incredibly fudgy, sweet and decadent. To take these brownies to the next level, I stuffed them with roasted hazelnuts and salty pretzels!
These brownies are inspired by this Nutella Pretzel Fudge recipe from BromaBakery. I made that fudge a while ago and immediately fell in love with the Nutella/Pretzel combination after one bite!
The sweet chocolate and hazelnut spread paired with the salty and crunchy pretzels is absolutely heavenly!
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but I have a major Nutella addiction (it’s almost as big as my chocolate addiction). I’ve turned it into cupcakes, ganache, truffles, donuts, and cheesecakes! Now I’ve turned this perfection in a jar into brownies!
The brownie itself is really easy to make and only requires one bowl! It’s modified from my sinfully delicious Oreo Fudge Brownies recipe. The only difference is that I replaced the chocolate chips with Nutella.
The process is exactly the same, melt the butter and Nutella, add sugar, eggs, vanilla, dry ingredients etc. The final brownie is just as fudgy as my chocolate brownie!
Now you know there’s no way in hell I was gonna leave these brownies plain, so I threw in some chopped pretzels and roasted hazelnuts! I roasted some whole hazelnuts in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes. Then I placed the hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel and rubbed them together to peel the skin.
The pretzels and the hazelnuts add even more flavour, and the crunchy texture blended with the gooey and fudgy brownies is unbeatable!
I topped the brownies with whole pretzels. You don’t have to do this, but it adds a lot appearance and texture wise.
These Nutella Pretzel Brownies are so addictive! They’re the perfect balance between sweet & salty and crunchy & chewy. I cut these bars pretty thin, because I was using the pretzels as a guide. You can cut them larger if you want, but smaller bars means they last longer!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER!<<
Shop The Recipe
(The links above are affiliate links. This means if you purchase any of these items, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Queenslee Appétit!)
Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup pretzels, roughly chopped + whole pretzels, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F (325F for dark pans) (180C). Line a 9x9-inch or 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving about 2-inches hanging over the sides and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Place Nutella and cubed butter in a large bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the butter and Nutella are both melted and combined, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and immediately add both sugars and whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs, egg yolk and vanilla and slowly whisk until combined. Do not overmix. Add flour, cocoa, and salt and stir with a rubber spatula until well blended. Fold in hazelnuts and chopped pretzels.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Top with whole pretzels. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs, not wet batter. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once brownies are cool, lift out of the pan and slice into even squares. Enjoy!
- Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Did you make a recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out! Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you’ve made!
Love, Dedra ❤️