Thick and creamy Mini Nutella Cheesecakes STUFFED with Ferrero Rocher truffles and topped with a crunchy Nutella hazelnut ganache, chocolate whipped cream and an extra Ferrero Rocher! This is a must try dessert for every Nutella lover!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Mini Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Nutella Cheesecakes
I guess you could say this is “mini desserts” week. Earlier this week, I shared my simple and incredible recipe for Mini Salted Caramel Snickers Tarts, and today I bring you Mini Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Nutella Cheesecakes!
As I’ve mentioned in my previous Nutella desserts, I bought this GIANT tub of Nutella, and what’s the best thing to do with 3kg of Nutella? Make as many Nutella desserts as you can until you run out, of course!
I just love the chocolate and hazelnut flavour Nutella adds to desserts, and I like to add Ferrero Rochers to these desserts too, because what’s a Nutella dessert without one?
Well, it’s bloody amazing, but hey! The truffle is a nice finishing touch!
Creamy Nutella Cheesecake
The mini cheesecakes begin with a simple plain cheesecake base. Start by beating your room temperature cream cheese, then add some granulated sugar, cornstarch (thicken these babies up!), and a dash of salt.
Once those are completely mixed in, add some sour cream (extra creaminess), Nutella and vanilla. Then mix in the eggs one at a time and you’re done with the cheesecake filling! I only used 1/2 cup of Nutella, but since these are mini cheesecakes, the flavour really shines bright!
As if these cheesecakes weren’t good enough on their own, I stuffed them with FERRERO ROCHERS!
How do we do that? Just place a frozen Ferrero Rocher into each cupcake liner and pour the cheesecake batter on top. The crunchiness of the chocolate hazelnut truffle blended with the creaminess of the cheesecake is absolutely delightful! And your guests will be blown away when they see the lovely surprise!
Nutella HAZELNUT Ganache
These Nutella cheesecakes are great plain, but there’s absolutely no way I’m leaving them like that. I just had to top them with my silky Nutella Ganache! This ganache really is the perfect addition to every Nutella dessert.
UPDATE: in my updated version of the recipe, I added chopped hazelnuts to the ganache topping. It’s basically a ferrero rocher in ganache form!
Chocolate Whipped Cream Topping
Yum, yum, yum! This chocolate whipped cream is so, so good! I have no shame in admitting that I held the piping bag over my mouth and created my own personal chocolate whipped cream fountain!
You only need 4 ingredients for this chocolate whipped cream. Obviously you need heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder and vanilla. Simply beat all those ingredients together with a hand mixer and pipe it onto the mini cheesecakes!
My new favourite way to make/eat cheesecake is in mini form. It is so much easier to make than a full-sized cheesecake and there’s no need for a water bath. And the best part is…they’re SNACK SIZED!
There’s not many people in my household, so when I make a whole cheesecake, there’s usually a lot left. These are perfect individual portions, and they’re mini so you can have more than one! (P.S. I’m on my 4th, don’t judge.)
This dessert is definitely at the top of my favourites list. Rich and creamy Nutella cheesecake sits on top of a yummy Oreo crust, and is filled with a Ferrero Rocher candy.
Topped off with a generous amount of Nutella hazelnut ganache, chocolate whipped cream, crunchy chopped hazelnuts, and another Ferrero Rocher! A delicious, simple, stress-free dessert, what more could you ask for?
Did you make these Mini Ferrero Rocher Stuffed Nutella Cheesecakes? Let me know how they turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to leave a rating!
>>PIN THIS FOR LATER<<
Craving More Nutella Desserts? Check these out:
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
Let’s get baking!
- 1 and 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs (about 18 Oreos)
- 4 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 and 1/2 packages (12 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 12 Ferrero Rochers, Frozen
Nutella Hazelnut Ganache:
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Chopped Hazelnuts
- 6-12 Ferrero Rochers, halved or whole
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (177℃) and Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Add Oreo crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix together using a fork. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of crumbs into each liner and flatten using the back of the tablespoon or a small glass. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 325℉.
For the Nutella Cheesecake:
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt on medium-low speed until creamy, about 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the softness of your cream cheese.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add sour cream, Nutella and vanilla and continue beating until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly until just combined, do not overbeat.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is combined. Forcefully tap bowl on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Place a frozen Ferrero Rocher in the center of each cupcake liner. Divide batter evenly between each liner. Jiggle the pan to allow the batter to settle. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until centers are slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm and chilled, about 4 hours or overnight.
For the Nutella Hazelnut Ganache:
- Place Nutella in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- As soon as mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat and pour over the Nutella.
- Cover the bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, slowly whisk until smooth and silky. Stir in chopped hazelnuts.
- Spoon into the center of the cheesecakes. Chill until firm.
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- Whip the chilled cream, powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a piping bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe swirl of whipped cream on top of chilled cheesecakes. Garnish with chopped hazelnuts and a Ferrero Rocher. Enjoy!
- Store cheesecakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.