This post may contain affiliate link. please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Soft and fluffy Nutella donuts dipped in a creamy, silky, glossy Nutella glaze and roasted hazelnuts, drizzled with Nutella, filled with even MORE Nutella and topped with Ferrero Rochers! These decadent donuts are a Nutella lovers dream!
I have officially overdosed on Nutella, but it was worth it. These Nutella donuts are GODLY! Every bite sends shivers down my spine. I had plenty of Nutella and ganache left over from my Nutella Ganache recipe, and thought what the hell? Let's make some Nutella donuts!
Instead of frying the donuts, I baked them in my Wilton Donut Pan, which makes these donuts so much easier to make. Just mix the ingredients together, spoon or pipe the batter into the cavities, then pop them in the oven for a few minutes. Easy, peasy!
Once the Nutella donuts are baked, I dunked them into my smooth, velvety Nutella glaze. I'm honestly obsessed with this stuff!
Now, you can stop there, or you can go Nutella crazy like I did and dip them in chopped roasted hazelnuts...
Drizzle them with extra Nutella and pipe a swirl of Whipped Nutella Ganache Frosting into the centre...
And finally top with a Ferrero Rocher truffle.
Doing the most, Dedra, doing the most. But that's the way we like it over here at Queenslee Appétit ????.
Once you've finished drooling over your screens, get yourself a big tub of Nutella and whip up this simple/magical dessert, you won't regret it!
Let's get baking!
Whipped Nutella Ganache Frosting:
- 1 cup (294g) Nutella
- 1 tablespoon (20g) light corn syrup
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup (128g) all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (35g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 and ½ Tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (74g) Nutella
- ½ cup (120ml) buttermilk, room temperature
- ½ cup (110g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 and ½ teaspoons (7.5ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (221g) Nutella
- ½ cup (120ml) heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon (20g) light corn syrup
- ¾ cup (130g) chopped hazelnuts
- ⅓ cup (147g) Nutella
- 12 Ferrero Rochers
For the Whipped Nutella Ganache Frosting:
- Place Nutella, corn syrup and heavy cream in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until the mixture is smooth and combined. Stir in vanilla, if using.
- Cover with plastic wrap, placing the plastic directly on top of the ganache so it doesn't form a skin while chilling. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours, or until ganache reaches a spreadable consistency.
For the Nutella Donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (177℃). Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add butter and Nutella to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval until mixture is fully melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl or a measuring cup, add buttermilk, brown sugar, egg and vanilla and whisk to combine. Pour into dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into prepared donut pan or transfer batter to a ziplock bag, snip off the end and pipe into donut cavities. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean and donuts spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Use a butter knife to help lift and remove the donuts from the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before dipping.
For the Nutella Glaze:
- Place Nutella, heavy cream and corn syrup in a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and combined. Allow to cool slightly before dipping donuts.
Assembly of the Ferrero Rocher Nutella Donuts:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Set aside.
- Dip the tops of each donut into the Nutella ganache, then place onto the wire rack and allow the excess to drip off onto the parchment. Sprinkle or dip the tops in chopped hazelnuts.
- Transfer ⅓ cup of Nutella to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 15 second intervals until melted. Transfer melted Nutella to a ziplock bag and snip off the tip, drizzle onto the donuts.
- Once the ganache in the refrigerator is firm, transfer to a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, or in the same bowl using a handheld mixer. Whip the ganache on high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer whipped Nutella ganache frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a swirl of ganache around the hole of each donut. Place a Ferrero Rocher on top. Enjoy!
-Store donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
-Don't pipe the frosting directly into the centre of the donuts, because it will fall through. Pipe a swirl around the centre of the donut.
Love, Dedra ❤
Did you make a recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out! Post a picture on Instagram and tag me @queensleeappetit and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit.