What happens when you combine the richest Oreo cheesecake with the fudgiest brownies? You get the best Oreo Cheesecake Brownies! The cheesecake batter is loaded with Oreo cookies, however, the brownie layer requires nothing extra since the fudginess speaks for itself! These bars are completely irresistible!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This in no way affects my opinion of those products and services. All opinions expressed on this site are my own. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Easy Oreo Cheesecake Brownies
I originally planned on making a recipe for Oreo Cheesecake Bars, but then I realized I already have a few cheesecake bar recipes on the site, but there are no cheesecake brownie recipes! Totally unacceptable, so today I'm introducing something new to the site!
These deliciously over-the-top cheesecake brownie bars are totally perfect for Oreo lovers! I just LOVE the variety of flavours and textures! Brownies and cheesecake already make a fabulous combination, but throw in some Oreo cookies and you’ve got a triple dessert combo that's truly what dreams are made of!
This recipe’s also pretty easy to make. You only need a whisk to make the brownie batter, and if you have enough arm strength you can mix the cheesecake batter with a whisk as well!
What's in This Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Recipe?
Here's a full list of ingredients you'll need to make these delicious Oreo cheesecake brownies! Check the recipe card below for more details.
- Dark Chocolate — this will be the base for our brownies to make ‘em nice and fudgy. I recommend using 70% dark chocolate for the best results.
- Unsalted Butter — cut your butter into cubes. There’s no need to soften it at room temperature because we’ll be melting it with the chocolate.
- Instant Coffee — optional, but if you got it, throw it in! Just a teaspoon to enhance the chocolate flavours (I promise you won’t taste it).
- Granulated Sugar + Light Brown Sugar — using both types of sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness and chewiness to our fudgy brownies.
- Large Eggs + Egg Yolk — 3 eggs and 1 yolk for the brownies, 1 for the cheesecake.
- Vanilla Extract — for some good ole fashioned flavour!
- Flour — plain all-purpose flour is all you need. Not sure how well substitutes would work for the brownie, so stick with the AP so you don’t mess with the brownie's fudgy texture.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder — just a little. A combination of real chocolate and cocoa powder creates the best brownies!
- Salt — to cut back some of the sweetness.
- Softened Cream Cheese — we’re not making an entire cheesecake so you’ll only need one package instead of the usual 3. Let it soften to room temperature to make mixing easier.
- Oreos — can’t have Oreo cheesecake without Oreos! I added some to the cheesecake batter, then sprinkled some more on top after I swirled both batters together. You can roughly chop them with a knife or crush them into crumbs, whatever you prefer is fine.
The brownie recipe isn’t the one I usually use in most of my fudge brownie recipes. Instead, I used my new favourite recipe from this Halloween Candy Brownie Pizza I made last year. The quantities are larger than my usual brownie recipes, which means we’ll have some thick dessert bars. Yum!
The best part is that you can make it all with one whisk! Also, I melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler, but you can just throw it in the microwave and heat it in 30-second intervals. Stir it after each interval until everything is melted and smooth then pour it into a large bowl and carry on with the rest of the recipe. If you wanna add a little something extra to the brownies, go ahead and throw in some dark or white chocolate chips!
Once you’ve made the brownie mixture, add ¾ths of it into your prepared pan that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray and lined with parchment paper. Set it aside while you work on the cheesecake batter!
Oreo Cheesecake Layer
This isn’t your typical cheesecake recipe. I forgot a lot of the ingredients I usually use because we just wanna swirl it into the brownie (which means it’s gonna taste good no matter what). Just mix a package of cream cheese, a small amount of sugar, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer until it’s all smooth. Then fold in your chopped Oreos using a rubber spatula and it’s ready to become one with the brownie!
Pour all of the creamy cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter and spread it into an even layer, then add dollops of the remaining brownie batter on top. Use a butter knife to swirl it all together, then top with more crushed Oreos!
I hate to break it to you, but no one really likes warm cheesecake. So after these bars cool on a wire rack, you’re gonna wanna cover the bars with plastic wrap and let them sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two (I left mine overnight).
This will also keep your bars nice and neat when you slice into them. Although, I do recommend letting them come to room temperature before eating because no one likes cold brownies either.
*Sigh* It’s rough being a dessert lover.
More Bar Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Swirl Maple Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Vanilla Cheesecake Bars
- Black Forest Cheesecake Bars
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Bars
Tools I Used to Make This Recipe
SHARE YOUR PICS!
>>PIN THIS FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SWEETEN UP YOUR INBOX!
SUBSCRIBE to the Queenslee Appétit Newsletter to receive new recipe notifications and sneak peeks at upcoming recipes and more!
Let’s get baking!
- 9 oz dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 and ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 6 Oreos, chopped
- 6 Oreos, chopped
For the Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray the bottom and sides of a 9x9-inch square pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment paper, leaving about 2-inches hanging over the sides. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and cubed butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the butter and chocolate are both melted and combined. Stir in instant coffee.
- Remove bowl from heat and immediately add both sugars, whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth.
- Add eggs, egg yolk and vanilla extract and slowly whisk until combined. Do not overmix. Add flour, cocoa, and salt and stir with a rubber spatula until well blended.
- Pour ¾ of the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Set the rest aside.
For the Oreo Cheesecake:
- In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, vanilla and egg and continue to beat on low speed until completely combined and smooth.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is fully combined. Fold in chopped Oreos.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter in the pan and spread into an even layer.
- Add dollops of the remaining brownie batter over the cheesecake, then use a butter knife to swirl them together. Top with more crushed Oreos, if desired.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Transfer cheesecake brownies to the refrigerator to chill for at least 1-2 hours (or overnight) before slicing. Enjoy!
- Storage: store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Bring to room temperature before eating.
- Additions: you can add chocolate chips to the brownie batter if you want to spruce things up!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 393Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.