Give me S’mores Milkshake — milk chocolate and graham cracker decorated glass filled with a toasted marshmallow milkshake and topped with charred marshmallows!
Who doesn’t love s’mores? Rich, melted milk chocolate and oeey gooey charred marshmallows snuggled between two delicious graham crackers. Such a simple treat, but definitely one of the most delicious! I love to enjoy s’mores in the classic way, but they’re even better in dessert form! Give me S’MORE!
I’ve created a few unique twists on this classic summer treat. A S’mores Mississippi Mud Pie and S’mores French Toast. Those two desserts took s’mores to a whole other mouth-watering level, and this milkshake is no different!
This milkshake will be a delightful treat for everyone! The toasted marshmallow milkshake tastes just like a toasted marshmallow in liquid form! Like imagine drinking a toasted marshmallow? That’s pretty much what it’s like drinking this milkshake!
Most milkshake recipes don’t really need measurements because they’re so simple to make. This milkshake only requires 3 ingredients: vanilla ice cream, marshmallows and milk. The milk may not even be needed depending on how soft your ice cream is.
Also, the amount of ice cream, milk and marshmallows can easily be adjusted to your likings. If you prefer a thicker milkshake, add less milk. Thinner? Add more! I used 8 toasted marshmallows, but if you want a bolder marshmallow taste, you can totally add more. I broiled the marshmallows in the oven for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the marshmallows were light brown. You could toast your marshmallows until they’re charred if that’s what you prefer. This is your milkshake, so feel free to adjust it anyway you please (like using chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla for a chocolate version. Yum!)
As with every other milkshake recipe of mine, the glass and rim have over the top decorations. I can’t help it, it’s so fun! I love to theme all of my milkshake glasses to represent the flavour. For these s’mores milkshakes, I start by smearing the inside of the milkshake glasses and the rim with melted chocolate. I then placed Hershey’s bar pieces and graham cracker pieces on the rim. This part can be pretty difficult because the chocolate pieces can slip off, so you’ll have to push it up a few times then immediately transfer it to the freezer to set completely. One or two chocolate pieces still slipped down while setting, but most of them stayed put, thankfully.
Instead of topping the milkshake with whipped cream, like I usually do, I topped it with regular and mini marshmallows. Now in true s’mores fashion, these marshmallows need to be roasted. To do so, I just used my kitchen torch and went over the marshmallows a few times to get them nice and dark. As you’ll see below, the marshmallows can burn. Simply blow it out and keep torchin’, or take cool fire-y milkshake photos!
Yes, I purposely burned my marshmallows just to get this photo. No regrets.
The glass decoration and garnish is optional, but think of it this way: after drinking the toasted marshmallow milkshake, you get to enjoy the gooey roasted marshmallows on top and eat the chocolate, graham cracker rim. It really adds a lot to the milkshake, so I highly recommend including it!
If you enjoy s’mores you will love these milkshakes! Thick, rich and full of amazing toasted marshmallow flavour. This is the perfect way to cool down this summer and satisfy your s’mores cravings. No campfire needed!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
SHOP THE RECIPE
Here are some of the tools I used to create today’s recipe:
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Did you make a recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out! Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you’ve made!
Never miss a recipe, SUBSCRIBE at the bottom of this post!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
Let’s get baking!
- 3 Hershey’s Bars, divided
- Graham Crackers, broken into pieces
Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake:
- 8 large Marshmallows, toasted
- 4 cups Vanilla ice cream, softened (8 scoops)
- ¼ - ½ cup milk, depending on how thick you want your milkshake
- Regular and mini Marshmallows
For the Rim:
- Break up 2 bars of Hershey’s chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon, smear some chocolate inside of the glass. Smear more chocolate over the rim. Transfer glass to refrigerator for at least 5-10 minutes so the chocolate could set a little bit. Meanwhile, break up the remaining Hershey's bar.
- Remove glasses from refrigerator and line Hershey's bar pieces and graham cracker pieces around the rim. If chocolate begins to slip, just push it back up. Place cups in freezer while you prepare the milkshake.
For the Toasted Marshmallow Milkshake:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat and broil 8 marshmallows for about 30 seconds on each side. Pay close attention to them making sure they don't burn.
- Add the vanilla Ice cream, milk and toasted marshmallows to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour your milkshake into each glass. Pile some marshmallows on top and toast with a kitchen torch. Enjoy!
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Love, Dedra ❤
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.