Made with 4 simple ingredients, this luxurious No-Churn Mint Oreo Ice Cream is an easy and yummy treat for the ultimate mint-chocolate lovers! Top with a drizzle of mint chocolate ganache for an extra amazing minty dessert to help you cool down during the upcoming summer months!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
It. Is. HOT. Like fan blowing hot air, window blowing no air, spray cold water over your body 24-7 HOT. I mean I know it’s still summer, but this is just ridiculous. So as fun as the fruity summer recipes have been, it’s time I start making/sharing recipes that’ll help us all keep cool!
What better way to keep cool than with some good ole ice cream? No-churn ice cream, of course. Maybe one day I’ll post a recipe for churned ice cream, but no-churn ice cream is far too easy and stress-free to make!
The last no-churn ice cream recipe I shared was this unique Buckeye Ice Cream. Rich chocolate ice cream swirled with peanut butter and ganache and loaded with homemade buckeyes! Talk about YUM! This recipe is a whole lot simpler, a basic mint ice cream base with a ton of chopped mint Oreos mixed in!
How to Make No-Churn Mint Ice Cream
This mint cookies and cream ice cream is made similarly to my original oreo ice cream recipe. Start with 27 mint oreos. Chop up 18 of them, then set those aside. For the remaining 9 oreos, scrape the mint filling out and add it to a small bowl.
Microwave the mint filling until it’s melted and smooth, then add it to the sweetened condensed milk and stir it to combine. This adds the oreo cream AND mint flavour directly into the base! It also adds a pretty green colour.
Now it’s time for the whipped cream. Combine heavy cream and mint extract in a stainless steel or glass bowl. when you add this whipped cream to the mint sweetened condensed milk, it’s gonna wash out most of that green colour. So if you want a bolder green, add a few drops of green food colouring to the heavy cream mixture.
Whip it up until stiff peaks form, then slowly fold it into the condensed milk mixture. Now for the oreos, take the 18 wafers you removed the cream from and pulse them to crumbs in a food processor. Or place them into a ziplock bag and whack at them with something heavy until you end up with crumbs.
Add those crumbs and the 18 chopped mint oreos to the ice cream and fold them until they’re completely combined. We won’t be swirling anything into this ice cream (for once), so just scrape it into your pan or container of choice. Cover it up and let it freeze overnight and you’ve got some tasty mint oreo ice cream!
Mint Chocolate Ganache
For my other oreo ice cream recipe, I poured a generous amount of ganache on top, so it was only necessary to do the same here. Of course, this is a mint recipe, so I had to make a mint flavoured ganache!
Simply add the chocolate chips, heavy cream and mint extract to a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. This ganache is obviously optional, but it makes such a wonderful topping for this creamy ice cream!
More Favourite No-Churn Ice Cream Rcipes
- No-Churn Coffee Oreo Nutella Swirl Ice Cream
- No-Churn Kit-Kat Ice Cream
- No-Churn Ferrero Rocher Nutella Ice Cream
- No-Churn Brownie Fudge Swirl Ice Cream
- No-Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
SHARE YOUR PICS!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SWEETEN UP YOUR INBOX!
SUBSCRIBE to the Queenslee Appétit Newsletter to recieve new recipe notifications, monthly baking tips, sneak peeks to upcoming recipes, exclusive recipes and more!
Let’s get baking!
Mint Oreo Ice Cream:
- 27 Whole Mint Oreos, divided
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (480ml) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- Green food colouring (optional)
- Mint Ganache, for topping (recipe below) (optional)
Mint Chocolate Ganache:
- ½ cup (90g) dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon pure mint extract
- Roughly chop 18 mint Oreos, set aside.
- Scrape the filling out of the remaining 9 mint Oreos, and place into a separate heat safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until the cream filling is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl and add the melted mint cream filling. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the leftover wafers into a food processor (or use a ziploc bag and a heavy object) pulse or beat into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- In a large, chilled stainless steel bowl, whip the heavy cream and mint extract until stiff peaks form, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add whipped cream to sweetened condensed milk mixture, ⅓ at a time and gently fold until smooth and combined. Fold in Oreo crumbs and chopped Oreos until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle on some extra Oreo crumbs, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 6 hours or overnight.
For the Mint Ganache:
- In a heat safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and mint extract and microwave in 30 second intervals, for about 1 minute. Stir slowly until mixture comes together to form a silky ganache.
- Serve the ice cream with a drizzle of ganache. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.