This Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte is rich, creamy and loaded with pumpkin flavour. Whole milk flavoured with pumpkin purée, spices and caramel, then blended with freshly brewed espresso. This is the perfect drink for the fall season.
Happy first day of October! This is definitely my favourite month of the year. It starts off with Thanksgiving (here in Canada), then my BIRTHDAY (WOO!), and ends with my favourite holiday, Halloween! Of course, I will be sharing recipes for each one of those special days.
On top of all those great holidays--October also means it's officially Pumpkin Season! And today is also National Pumpkin Spice Day, which is the reason for today's post. This is just the first of many pumpkin recipes I'll be sharing this month!
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte
So, Pumpkin Spice Latte. Hands down the most popular drink for fall. I was definitely one of the people who made those "only basic girls drink PSL jokes" and I'm not gonna lie, I still am. But now that I've tried it for myself, I could see why y'all are so obsessed with it!
I've never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, and now that I've made it myself, I see no reason to. Not only can you make as much lattes as you want for less, but you know exactly what you're putting in your drink. No artificial ingredients here.
How to make Homemade Pumpkin Spice Lattes
To make this delicious drink, I used whole milk, real pumpkin purée, sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, caramel sauce and espresso. I know pumpkin pie spice can be really hard to find in your local grocery stores.
Trust me, it took like 5 stores before I finally found some. If that's the case, you can easily search up a recipe that teaches you how to make your own. Pretty much all you will need is ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
I just had to kick this latte up a notch by adding some caramel sauce. The sweetness of the caramel blended with the pumpkin spices is absolute perfection!
I used store bought caramel sauce for this recipe because I didn't want to spend extra time making homemade. If you would prefer to use homemade, you can make my easy Homemade Caramel Sauce recipe ahead of time, then add it to the latte.
To froth the milk, I put it through a blender for about 2 minutes. If you don't have a blender, you could use a hand mixer or a whisk. I used whole milk because that's pretty much the only kind of milk I can stomach, but feel free to substitute for any milk of your choice.
This recipe can easily be halved, doubled, tripled etc. You can also adjust the amount of spices and caramel you want to use.
I added about ¼ cup of espresso to each mug before adding the pumpkin milk mixture, but you can also add more or less depending on your liking. I mean hey, what's the point in making your own pumpkin spice latte if you don't have a say in what goes in your cup?
To finish it off, I topped my lattes with sweetened whipped cream and a dust of pumpkin pie spice on top. I seriously can't get enough.
I'll definitely be one of those "basic" girls who enjoy Pumpkin Spice Lattes every fall, now. Actually, now that I have a homemade recipe, I'll be enjoying it every season. Or every month. Alright, everyday. What can I say? I'm hooked!
(The links above are affiliate links which means if you click on and purchase any of these items, I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!)
>>PIN FOR LATER<<
Did you make a recipe?
I'd love to see how it turned out! Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you've made!
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
Let's get baking!
Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- 2 cups (480ml) whole milk
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoon (25g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce + more for drizzling
- ½ cup (120ml) brewed espresso or strong hot coffee
- Sweetened Whipped Cream, for topping
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, pumpkin purée and sugar and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins steaming, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and caramel sauce. Pour mixture into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth and frothy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour ¼ cup of the espresso or coffee into 2 large mugs and add the pumpkin milk mixture. Garnish with whipped cream, dust with pumpkin pie spice, and drizzle some extra caramel sauce on top. Enjoy!
Adapted from: inspiredtaste.net
- If you don't have a blender, you could use a hand mixer or a whisk to froth the milk.
- This recipe can easily be halved, doubled, tripled etc. You can also adjust the amount of spices and caramel you want to use.
Love, Dedra ❤️
©All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.