Packed with Oreos, swirled with Nutella ganache and full of rich and bold coffee flavour. This creamy Coffee Oreo Nutella Swirl Ice Cream is super easy to make and doesn’t require any eggs, cooking, or ice cream maker!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Post Updated: 09/09/19
Although we’re currently struggling to escape winter’s cold and icy grasp, I still had a huge craving for ice cream. I believe ice cream should be enjoyed all throughout the year, whether it’s hot or cold. It’s one of the most delicious frozen treats ever, and the best part is — it takes absolutely no time or skill to make it at home!
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream
About 3 years, while scrolling through Pinterest, I discovered something truly mind blowing — no-churn ice cream! I always thought you needed an expensive ice-cream maker to make this creamy dessert at home.
Not only is an ice cream maker NOT needed to make homemade ice cream, you only need 2 base ingredients: heavy cream + sweetened condensed milk. These 2 ingredients are the base of all no-churn ice cream recipes. Basically, all you need to do is whip the cream, then fold it into the sweetened condensed milk, freeze it and BOOM! You’ve got ice cream.
No-Churn Coffee Oreo Nutella Swirl Ice Cream
Obviously I wasn’t going to share a boring and plain old no-churn ice cream recipe, so I had to come up with a unique flavour. I started searching my pantry for flavour ideas and ended up finding Oreos, instant coffee granules and Nutella, thus this Coffee Oreo Nutella Swirl Ice Cream was created!
Now I’m not the biggest fan of coffee (I can only drink french vanilla), but when it’s infused into a dessert? I’m obsessed! I didn’t realize how amazing coffee tasted in a dessert until I made these Coffee Cinnamon Rolls. Since then, I’ve decided to come up with more ways to enjoy coffee without drinking it.
For this no-churn ice cream recipe, you only need 7 simple ingredients (excluding water). We start by making Nutella Ganache, I’m sorry what? You heard me.
When I first started this blog, I shared a tutorial on 4 ways to make Nutella Ganache: ganache, sauce, whipped frosting and a donut glaze — this recipe uses the simple Nutella ganache. To make it, you simply heat some heavy cream and corn syrup, pour it over the Nutella, then mix until smooth. Easy!
Coffee Oreo Ice Cream
For the actual ice cream all you need to do is whip up the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. To incorporate the coffee flavour, I dissolved a few tablespoons of instant coffee in some hot water then stirred it into the sweetened condensed milk.
If you don’t want a strong coffee flavour, or if you’re serving this to kids, you can use decaf instant coffee. If you want a stronger coffee flavour, you can brew your own coffee and add a few more tablespoons to the condensed milk.
Next we’re gonna fold the whipped cream into the coffee mixture, a little at a time until fully incorporated. Then we’re gonna load it up with a generous amount of chopped Oreos!
I hate store-bought cookies and cream ice cream because they’re like 25% cookie and 75% cream. Since I now have full control over how much cookie goes into my ice cream, I decided to add as much Oreos as possible! I broke my Oreos up into 4 pieces each so there could be large chunks of them in every inch of this ice cream.
Honestly, this recipe may be more for Oreo lovers than coffee lovers.
To assemble the ice cream and incorporate the Nutella, we’re gonna pour in ⅓ of the ice cream mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Then pour on a generous amount of Nutella ganache and swirl it around with a butter knife. Repeat two more times with a final swirl of Nutella ganache and a few extra Oreos on top for good measure.
Here comes the difficult part, freezing. We need to let this ice cream freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight so it can become ice cream. I covered mine with plastic wrap but the top of my ice cream had ice all over it so I recommend using a container with a lid, if you have one.
Once it’s nice and frozen, you’ll end up with the sweetest, creamiest, most flavourful frozen dessert ever! Once you try this rich no-churn coffee ice cream, you’ll never use an ice cream machine ever again!
Like This Recipe? Check These Out:
No ice cream machine is needed to make the best No-Churn Oreo Ice Cream ever!
These Coffee Cinnamon Rolls will satisfy all your coffee cravings! They’re super soft, fluffy, gooey and full of coffee flavour.
Coffee lover? Brownie lover? Cheesecake lover? Well then welcome to your new addiction!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
Let's get baking!
- ¾ cup Nutella
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
Coffee Oreo Ice Cream:
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 14 oz (1 and ¼ cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 18 Oreos, chopped
For the Nutella Ganache:
- Place Nutella in a medium bowl. Heat heavy whipping cream and light corn syrup in a medium saucepan until it begins to simmer.
- As soon as mixture begins to simmer, remove from heat and pour over Nutella.
- Cover the bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, slowly whisk until smooth and silky. Set aside.
For the Coffee Oreo Ice Cream:
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of espresso powder to 2 tablespoons of hot water and stir until espresso has dissolved.
- In a separate bowl using a whisk, mix sweetened condensed milk and espresso mixture until fully combined.
- Add whipped cream to espresso mixture ⅓ at a time and gently fold until smooth and combined.
- Add chopped Oreos and gently fold into the cream until combined. Pour ⅓ of mixture into a 9x5 loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Drizzle ¼ of the Nutella ganache on top and use a butter knife to swirl. Pour another ⅓ of the cream mixture on top and drizzle another ¼ of the Nutella ganache on top and swirl. Repeat with remaining ice cream mixture and swirl in ½ of the remaining ganache. Save the rest for drizzling on your ice cream! Sprinkle top with more chopped Oreos, optional.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 6 hours or overnight.
- If you don’t want a strong coffee flavour, or if you’re serving this to kids, you can use decaf instant coffee. If you want a stronger coffee flavour, you can brew your own coffee and add a few more tablespoons to the condensed milk.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.