These Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecakes combine warm Fall spices and pumpkin flavour with creamy cheesecake and decadent chocolate! Loaded with lots of chocolate chips and topped with ganache and chocolate whipped cream, these cheesecakes are truly the best of both worlds!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I hope you aren’t tired of pumpkin just yet because I have ONE more pumpkin recipe to share with you before Fall ends. And there’s no better way to celebrate the end of the season than with some pumpkin flavoured cheesecake, paired with a healthy dose of chocolate!
Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecakes
I’m officially adding these cheesecakes to my list of “favourite pumpkin recipes ever!” These were inspired by my original Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes recipe, except those cheesecakes were topped with caramel and cream cheese whipped cream.
As delicious as they were, nothing in this world will ever top my love for chocolate! I don’t know why it took me so long to combine pumpkin and chocolate in a recipe. I mean I’ve combined pumpkin and white chocolate, but that’s not the same and we all know it.
I had no idea pumpkin and chocolate would make such an outstanding pairing, but now that I know, expect a ton of recipes featuring the two next Fall!
There are 4 Parts in This Recipe
There are only four easy components in this recipe.
- Oreo Crust — a simple 2 ingredient crust. Not only are we combining pumpkin and chocolate, we’re also combining pumpkin and Oreo! Absolutely mouthwatering!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecake — the creamy cheesecake is delicious enough with all the pumpkin flavour and fall spices, but throw in some chocolate chips and these cheesecakes hit the jackpot!
- Ganache — again, only 2 ingredients! You can never go wrong with rich and silky chocolate ganache and cheesecake.
- Chocolate Whipped Cream — I’ll never get over this super chocolatey whipped cream. It’s the perfect way to tie in all of these incredible layers!
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes
Start by making the Oreo crust. Crush the Oreos in a food processor and stir in some melted butter to coat the crumbs. Scoop some into each cupcake liner, then bake for a few minutes and set aside to cool.
As for the cheesecake filling, all you need to do is beat the cream cheese, brown and white sugar, and cornstarch together. Then mix in the pumpkin, sour cream, vanilla, pumpkin spice and eggs. Since the pumpkin purée is providing us with most of the creaminess, we’ll only need to use 2 tablespoons of sour cream rather than the usual ½-3/4 cup.
Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips. You’ll need to use mini chocolate chips, not regular-sized chocolate chips, because they blend into the cheesecake easier.
Dark Chocolate Ganache + Chocolate Whipped Cream
Two of my all time favourite cheesecake toppings — ganache and whipped cream! Chocolate whipped cream, to be specific. Although you can, I don’t recommend leaving either out of the recipe. They really take these cheesecakes to the highest level!
For the ganache, heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, then stir until it’s smooth and combined. For the whipped cream, add all of the ingredients to a stainless steel mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form. Easy, right?
Spoon on the ganache and let it set, then pipe on the whipped cream. I know it can be hard, but try to pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecakes and not into your mouth. Unless you have extra, then go crazy!
As a final garnish, I sprinkled on some more mini chocolate chips and topped the cheesecakes with the same adorable royal icing pumpkin decorations I topped my pumpkin cake with.
Obsessed doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel about these cheesecakes! You get the fluffiness of the chocolate whipped cream, richness of the ganache, creaminess of the cheesecake with dots of chocolate chips providing extra flavour and texture, and the crunchiness of the yummy Oreo crust.
One small bite is all it will take to convert even the biggest pumpkin haters!
Did you make these Mini Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecakes? Let me know how they turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to leave a rating!
More Pumpkin Recipes
>>PIN THIS FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
Let’s get baking!
- 1 cup Oreo crumbs (about 12 Oreos)
- 2 tablespoon salted butter, melted
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- 1 and ½ (8-ounce) packages (12 oz) full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or 2 tablespoon all purpose flour)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 tablespoon sour cream or heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Pumpkin decorations
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Add Oreo crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix together using a fork. Place 1 tablespoon of crumbs into each liner and flatten using the back of the tablespoon or a small glass.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
For the Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, granulated sugar and cornstarch on medium speed until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add pumpkin purée, sour cream, vanilla and pumpkin spice and continue beating until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly until just combined, do not overbeat. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is fully combined. Forcefully tap bowl on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Fill each liner with ¼ cup of batter. You may have some batter left, so scoop an extra tablespoon of batter into each liner until it’s finished. These cheesecakes can be filled all the way to the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until the tops are puffed and look dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm and chilled, about 2-3 hours or overnight.
For the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- Put the chocolate chips and cream into a medium heat safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until combined and smooth.
- Spoon ganache over cheesecakes and return them to the refrigerator to set while you prepare the whipped cream.
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the chilled cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a swirl onto each cheesecake. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and a pumpkin decoration, if desired. Enjoy!
- The cheesecakes may “sweat” after chilling in the refrigerator. This means some water will form on top, which is normal when covering cheesecake in the refrigerator. Just blot it off with a paper towel before spooning on the ganache.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Pumpkin Royal Icing Decorations
Wilton 402-2110 1M Open Star Piping Tip
Ateco Plastic Coated Decorating Bag, 18-Inch
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Ice Blue
Standard Size White Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners, Pack of 500
Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan (2, STANDARD)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 4gSugar: 38gProtein: 5g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.