These Mini Twix Tarts taste just like a Twix bar! Mini pre-baked tart shells filled with homemade caramel sauce and topped with milk chocolate and chopped Twix bars. If you love Twix candy bars then this is the perfect treat for you!
I adore Twix bars! Shortbread and caramel covered in silky milk chocolate - pure perfection! I've been wanting to make these tarts ever since I made these Mini Salted Caramel Snickers Tarts. I definitely plan on making more candy bar inspired tarts in the future!
These tarts have all of the delicious layers of a Twix bar. The tart shells replace the role of the shortbread. I used store-bought tart shells, because I wanted this recipe to be as quick and easy as possible. Just thaw out the tart shells, then bake them according to package directions. Completely stress-free.
Now for the gooey caramel filling, I used my Homemade Caramel Sauce recipe, mainly because I had a lot left from my Birthday Cake. The caramel sauce is really creamy and just melts in your mouth. The thing is, the caramel inside Twix candy bars is more chewy than caramel sauce. I know some of you may not want to waste time making homemade caramel sauce, so you can use kraft caramels as the perfect substitute! Melt down a bag of kraft caramels, then spoon it into each tart shell. This will make your caramel filling nice and chewy like a Twix bar!
I then topped the tarts with a thick layer of rich milk chocolate. I decided to used milk chocolate because that's what's in a Twix bar. You can substitute for semisweet or dark chocolate if you prefer.
I went a little crazy with the chocolate, because I'm in love with the stuff! Though, while I was topping the tarts, some of the caramel spilled out. To avoid this, either fill the tarts less than halfway full, or you can just drizzle the chocolate on top.
With this being a Twix dessert, I just had to throw some chopped Twix bars on top! I also drizzled the top with extra melted chocolate and caramel sauce, because you can never have enough!
These mini tarts have the taste of a Twix bar in every bite! Flakey tart shell, gooey and smooth caramel filling, silky chocolate topping and a generous topping of chopped Twix bars! An easy and delicious bite-sized treat. Gather up a few ingredients and make these Twix tarts right away - you'll be glad you did!
>>Pin Me For Later!<<
Let's get baking!
- 12 store bought tart shells
- 8 oz milk or semisweet chocolate chips
- Mini twix bars, chopped
- Extra caramel sauce and melted chocolate, for drizzling
For the Crust:
- Bake your mini tart shells according to package directions, remove from foil plates and set aside to cool.
For the Caramel Filling:
- Make one recipe of my Homemade Caramel Sauce. You can also melt 1 bag of kraft caramels in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth. Spoon into each tart shell, a little under halfway full. Set aside.
For the Topping:
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Spoon melted chocolate on top of caramel layer, filling the tart to the top. Garnish with chopped twix bars. Transfer to the refrigerator to set completely, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Drizzle with extra caramel sauce and melted chocolate, if desired. Serve and Enjoy!
- Store tarts in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Did you make a recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out! Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you've made!
Love, Dedra ❤️
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.