These BBQ Chicken Nachos are a great addition to any party — especially Game Day! Crunch tortilla chips topped with chicken, bacon and red onions that are slathered in sweet BBQ sauce and topped with loads of cheese!
BBQ Chicken Nachos
With the Superbowl only 2 weeks away, I thought it was the best time to share yet another perfect Game Day party recipe. These BBQ Chicken Nachos are super fun, delicious and easy to make! Whether your chicken is pre-cooked or not, this recipe comes together in no time!
Last year I made these Loaded Beef Nachos, which I probably should’ve called “Loaded Taco Nachos” because that’s exactly what they tasted like! All the beauty of a taco in one large pan of nacho perfection!
Aside from tacos, another obsession of mine is barbecue — BBQ chicken, to be exact. BBQ chicken on its own is already one of my top 10 favourite foods, but when you combine it with crispy bacon, red onions and loads of cheese, then pile it onto a ton of crunchy tortilla chips? That, my friends, cannot be beat.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Nachos
To make these delectable nachos, we start with the shredded chicken. If your local grocery store sells pre-cooked shredded chicken, you can totally use that. If not, you can just make it from scratch like I did.
To do this, I started by cooking 2 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts. Cook for a few minutes on each side, then you’ll need to add some water and cover the pan so it can steam for a few more minutes. This ensures the chicken doesn’t dry out and remains moist and juicy throughout.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it up with 2 forks and combine it with the red onions, crumbled bacon and BBQ Sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray’s classic BBQ sauce, but they have a few other flavour options you could try out to add more flavour!
For my loaded beef nachos, I used a baking sheet to bake them. This time I used a pan, just to get a different look. Honestly, I prefer the baking sheet because there’s a lot more space so you can add more chips and toppings.
Speaking of which, this time we won’t be doing 1 layer of chips with a layer of toppings. I decided to try making 2 layers of everything, so a layer of chips, then half of the BBQ chicken mixture, half of the cheese, chips, chicken, cheese.
Again, this would probably work better on a large baking sheet, because I barely had enough room in my little pan. Especially since we’ve used 4 cups of cheese. Yup. You heard me. If that’s too much for you, you can totally cut it in half, but I mean it’s Game Day, why not indulge in some super cheesy nachos?
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, drizzle of extra BBQ sauce and some fresh cilantro leaves for extra flavour and you’ve got a crazy delicious and easy crowd-pleasing dish!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
- 1 large bag Tortilla chips
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (see notes)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- sour cream
- BBQ sauce, for drizzling
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves, chopped
For the Nachos:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet or a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips onto the prepared baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the shredded chicken, sliced onion, crumbled bacon and BBQ sauce. Toss to combine and coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture on top of the tortilla chips. Cover with half of the cheese.
- Top with remaining half of tortilla chips, remaining chicken mixture and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted all throughout.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream, BBQ sauce and cilantro leaves. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You can use pre-cooked shredded chicken. However, if you want to make it from scratch, follow these steps.
- If the cheese is too much for you, you could cut it in half for 2 cups instead of 4.
- You don’t have to use regular BBQ sauce, you could use any special BBQ flavour of your choice to add more flavour.
Wilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mega Large Cookie Pan, 15 x 21-Inch
Lodge 15 Inch Pre Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet. XL
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love, Dedra ❤
DID YOU MAKE A RECIPE?
Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you’ve made!
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.