This Whipped Cranberry Honey Butter is sweet, tart, fruity and simple to make. It's perfect on toast, raisin bread, scones, dinner rolls, bagels and so much more!
A month ago I shared my Whipped Pumpkin Spice Honey Butter recipe. That butter was so incredibly amazing that I just had to try it in different flavours! I have many different whipped butter flavour ideas running through my head, but since it's the holidays, I decided to go with cranberry!
This butter is so fruity and delicious. The tart cranberries paired with the sweet honey is absolutely incredible. And the hint of orange flavour from the orange juice and zest in the cranberry sauce makes this butter even more mouth watering.
To start, I made a small batch of cranberry sauce. You can use store bought cranberry sauce, but I prefer to use homemade because it tastes better in my opinion.
After making the cranberry sauce, I let it chill in the refrigerator so it wouldn't melt the butter when added. It might've not, but I didn't want to take any chances.
Once the cranberry sauce was chilled, I whipped the butter with an electric mixer, then added about 7 tablespoons of the sauce 1 tablespoon at a time. I did the same with my whipped pumpkin butter, and this is just to make sure I don't add too much to where the butter becomes too thin and runny. Addd some honey for added sweetness, then whip, whip, whip to your hearts content! That's all!
This Whipped Cranberry Honey Butter will add a great flavour to your toast, dinner rolls, pancakes, waffles, bagels and more. I think it tastes amazing on raisin bread and french toast!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
Follow Queenslee Appétit
Did you make a recipe? I'd love to see how it turned out! Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you've made!
Let's get baking!
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 7 tablespoon cranberry sauce (recipe above) or you can use store bought
- ¼ cup honey
For the Cranberry Sauce:
- Add the sugar, water orange juice and zest to a small saucepan and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil.
- Add the cranberries and allow mixture to return to a boil. Once mixture is boiling, turn the heat down to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until all of the cranberries have popped.
- Remove from heat and, using a fork, mash the cranberries. Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Whipped Butter:
- In a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add cranberry sauce 1 tablespoon at a time, beating after each addition until well combined and smooth.
- Add the honey and continue to whip on medium speed until thick and fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. Store butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Love, Dedra ❤️