These Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes have a creamy peanut butter cheesecake filled with chopped Reese’s and topped with a peanut butter chocolate ganache and more! If you’re a fan of Chocolate and Peanut Butter, you will fall in love with these bit-sized treats!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
All hail the mini cheesecake! When you’ve got s craving for cheesecake, but you don’t wanna go through the stress of making a full-sized cheesecake, mini cheesecakes are the perfect solution! Half the work and stress for 12 individual sized cheesecakes that bake up in no time without the need for a waterbath.
I’ve made a few different flavours of Mini Cheesecakes now, and most of my taste testers named these Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes the BEST one yet!
Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
It’s been a while since I’ve made a recipe starring everyone’s favourite Chocolate and Peanut Butter treat, and since National “I love Reese’s” Day just passed (did you know that was a real day?), I made these adorable little chocolate and peanut butter flavoured cheesecakes and loaded them with Reese’s!
The crust is made with crushed up Oreos and melted butter — super simple and delicious. I crushed up about 18 whole Oreos (not double stuffed) in a food processor, then I poured the crumbs into a bowl and combined it with the butter using a fork. Divide the crumbs between the liners, press them down so they hold together, then bake for a few minutes and allow it to cool.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling
I have a love-hate relationship with peanut butter that’s more love than hate, and this cheesecake filling definitely falls into the “love” side. No joke, a friend of mine who says she hates everything peanut butter said that this was her favourite cheesecake out of all the cheesecake I’ve made! Insane, right? But they really are THAT good!
To make the filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Then add some sour cream for creaminess and peanut butter and vanilla for flavour. Mix in the eggs then add a full cup of chopped Reese’s. Yummy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache Topping
I wanted to add more chocolate to these chocolate and peanut butter cheesecakes, so I created a silky chocolate peanut butter ganache and spread them on top of the chilled cheesecakes.
This topping is completely fool-proof, just combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and heavy cream in a small bowl then microwave until it’s completely melted and smooth. And you’ve got yourself a peanut butter flavoured chocolate ganache! I’m drooling.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
To finish these treats off, I made a simple chocolate whipped cream (because every good cheesecake needs a light and fluffy whipped cream topping). You can omit the cocoa powder and make a regular whipped cream, or you can leave the whipped cream off all together.
Top it off with half a mini peanut butter cup and you’re done! Everything about these mini cheesecakes is a Reese’s lovers dream!
Hope you all love and enjoy this recipe as much as I did! And don’t forget to take photos and tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
Let’s get baking!
- 1 and 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs (about 18 Oreos)
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 1 and 1/2 packages (12 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup mini Reese's cups, chopped
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mini Reese's, halved for topping
For the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and Line a 12-cup muffin pan with liners. Set aside.
- Add Oreo crumbs and melted butter to a mixing bowl and mix together using a fork.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of crumbs into each liner and flatten using the back of the tablespoon or a small glass. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 325°F.
For the Peanut Butter Cheesecake:
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt on low speed until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add sour cream, peanut butter and vanilla and continue beating until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly until just combined, do not overbeat. Fold in chopped Reese's. Forcefully tap bowl on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Divide batter evenly between each liner. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes until centers are slightly jiggly, like Jello.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm and chilled, about 4 hours or overnight.
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache Topping:
- Add the chocolate chips, creamy peanut butter and heavy cream to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until melted and smooth.
- Spoon ganache on top of cheesecakes and return to the refrigerator to set.
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the chilled cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a swirl of whipped cream onto each cheesecake. Place half a mini Reese's cup on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Store cheesecakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Food Processor 12-Cup, Aicok Food Processor Blender, Multi-Function Food Processor, 1.8L, 3 Speed Options, 2 Chopping Blades & 1 Disc, Safety Interlocking Design, 500W
KitchenAid KHM512IC 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Ice Blue
Green Direct Standard Size White Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners, Pack of 500
Wilton Recipe Right Nonstick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan (2, STANDARD)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.