These Snickers Brownie Bites are made with pre-made brownie bites that are topped with a homemade peanut caramel sauce, chocolate peanut butter topping, a fun-size snickers bar and a drizzle of more salted caramel sauce! Such a simple and delicious bite sized treat!
Easy Snickers Brownie Bites
The other day my local grocery store was having a $1 sale, and so I picked up a few packs of my favourite two-bite brownies! Have you ever had a two-bite brownie, or brownie bites? All the fudgy deliciousness in mini form!
As much as I love these things, they’re pretty dangerous because it’s so easy to eat like 10 since they’re perfect poppable size. So in order to solve this problem, I did what I do best — made it even more dangerous! Today we’re combining my two favourite things: snickers and brownies, to create these easy snickers brownie bites!
These Snickers Brownie Bites are extremely addictive! As I mentioned above, I kind of cheated for the brownie base and used a package of store-bought brownie bites instead of making homemade. I just wanted this recipe to be as easy as possible, so I didn’t really see a point in making the brownie bites from scratch.
However, I understand that not everyone may be able to find brownie bites at their local grocery store, so you can either look up a recipe for bite sized brownies and make it yourself, then continue on with this recipe. Or you could whip up a batch of box brownies and cut them into mini squares, or use a small round cookie cutter to cut out bite sized servings!
Peanut Caramel Sauce
On top of the brownie bites is a smooth peanut caramel sauce. I remember making these Mini Snickers Tarts in this blogs early days, and stuffing them with this delicious peanut caramel filling, so I had to do the same with these Snickers recipe. Honestly, this peanut caramel sauce may be featured in every Snickers flavoured dessert I make from now on, it’s so good!
And yes, although you have to make the caramel sauce from scratch, this recipe is still incredibly easy! My Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce comes together in no time and only requires 4-5 ingredients (if you include vanilla). Once the caramel sauce is done, stir in a cup of peanuts. You can use salted or unsalted peanuts, whichever you prefer.
I let my sauce chill in the refrigerator overnight, but you really don’t need to. Just let the sauce cool to room temperature, then spoon over the brownies. You’ll probably have some peanut caramel sauce leftover depending on how many brownies you have. I used two packs of bite-sized brownies and had about ½ cup of caramel sauce left.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping
Sitting on top of the peanut caramel sauce is a rich chocolate peanut butter topping! I just melted some chopped chocolate and peanut butter together in the microwave and stirred until they both melded into each other. You can totally leave out the peanut butter if you want and just melt the chocolate by itself, but the peanut butter enhances the Snickers flavour even more! And who doesn’t love the classic chocolate/peanut butter combo?
Obviously we’ve gotta finish these mini treats off with a mini Snickers and of course an extra drizzle of salted caramel sauce! Because of the caramel peanut filling, the tops of the brownie bites were pretty bumpy and uneven, so it was a bit difficult trying to get the snickers to sit up straight. No big deal!
As for the caramel drizzle, this is completely optional. I had extra plain salted caramel sauce leftover and decided to drizzle some of it on top of these brownie bites, but I understand if you don’t want to go to the trouble of making another batch.
You can either drizzle on some caramel sauce ice cream topping from the store, or when you finish making the caramel for the peanut topping, you can pour half or even ¼ of it into a separate jar and add ½ cup of peanuts to the remaining caramel. That way you have enough caramel for the filling and some leftover to drizzle, drizzle, drizzle to your hearts content!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
Let’s get baking!
- 1-2 bags of store-bought bite-sized Brownies (see notes)
Peanut Caramel Filling:
- 1 recipe of my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Fun size Snickers, cut in half
- Extra salted caramel sauce, for drizzling
For the Peanut Caramel Filling:
- Prepare one recipe of my homemade salted caramel sauce. Once finished, add 1 cup of peanuts and stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once caramel peanut filling is cooled, add a spoonful on top of each brownie bite.
- Add chocolate and peanut butter to a hear safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.
- Spoon melted chocolate on top of the brownies. Immediately top with half of a fun-size Snickers bar.
- Transfer brownies to the refrigerator to set, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle with extra salted caramel sauce, if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- For the brownie bites, I used 2 packages of two-bite brownies I found at my local grocery store. If you can’t find bite sized brownies near you, you can either find a recipe to make your own, then continue with this one. Or you could prepare a batch of box mix brownies and use a small round cookie cutter to cut out bite sized portions. You can also bake them in a greased mini muffin pan!
- For the caramel peanut filling, you can pour out some of the plain caramel into a separate jar to use for drizzling on top, if you desire. Then add the peanuts to the remaining caramel sauce.
- You can leave out the peanut butter and melt the chocolate on its own.
Love, Dedra ❤
DID YOU MAKE A RECIPE?
Follow me on Instagram and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you’ve made!
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.