This Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake features a creamy chocolate chip and strawberry milkshake in a ganache dipped glass topped with strawberry whipped cream and a chocolate ganache covered strawberry!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake
Kelis told me milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard, so I made these milkshakes hoping they would bring me a boyfriend for Valentines Day.
I’m just kidding…kinda. But anyways, the first thing that comes to my, and other peoples minds when it comes to Valentines Day is chocolate covered strawberries. So I wanted to make a chocolate covered strawberry flavoured version of many different desserts, mini cheesecake, cupcakes, (cake coming soon) and milkshakes!
There are 3 parts to this milkshake:
- Chocolate Chip Strawberry Milkshake
- Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Let’s start with the chocolate chip strawberry milkshake!
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Milkshake
This surprisingly took me a while to come up with. I knew I wanted the milkshake to be chocolate/strawberry flavoured, but I wasn’t sure how I would do it. Should I use fresh strawberries or strawberry sauce? Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry ice cream? Whole chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate coated strawberry truffles?
There were so many possibilities running through my mind, but I finally decided at the last minute to keep things simple. So for this milkshake, all you will need is vanilla ice cream, milk or heavy cream, fresh strawberries and chocolate chips.
A strawberry flavoured milkshake with small bits of fresh strawberry and chocolate chip flakes inside. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Perfection!
How to Decorate the Glasses
It’s no secret that every last one of my milkshakes are paired with a unique and fun decorated glass! I was going to decorate these glasses with strawberry sauce, but that just adds on the extra step of preparing the sauce. So instead, I went with a ganache decoration.
You only need 2 ingredients to make ganache: chocolate + heavy cream. Combine those two ingredients and heat them up in the microwave, then stir until everything comes together. It’s really one of the easiest things you can make (aside from this milkshake).
To decorate the glass, I started by dipping the top and sides of the rim in the ganache. Then scoop a spoonful of ganache and swirl it around inside the glass. Super pretty and super easy!
Strawberry Whipped Cream
One of my favourite things about milkshakes is getting to pipe a tall swirl of whipped cream on top that’ll be devoured after I sip up the creamy goodness underneath! That…may have come out wrong.
But it’s still the best part! I probably should’ve gone with a chocolate whipped cream to balance out the strawberry milkshake, but I just adore the colour (and flavour) of my strawberry whipped cream!
All you need for the strawberry whipped cream is heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and strawberry jell-o powder. The powdered sugar helps stabilize the whipped cream and the jell-o powder gives us a great strawberry flavour without sacrificing the fluffy texture of the whipped cream. Double win!
Ganache Covered Strawberries
Last, but not least, the chocolate covered strawberries, or should I say “ganache covered strawberries”? I figured since we already made the ganache for the glass decoration, and have plenty leftover, why not dip the strawberries in some rather than go to the trouble to melt extra chocolate?
That being said, you can just melt the cup of chocolate chips instead of making a ganache and use that to decorate the glass and dip the strawberries. However, the ganache sets up perfectly and is much softer than melted chocolate, making the task of eating the coated strawberries and licking the glass rim clean much easier!
Even though it’s too cold for milkshakes, these can still be enjoyed by you and your sweetie while you’re snuggled up by the fireplace (or electric heater).
Or you could be like me and enjoy 2 by yourself, then hesitantly allow your grandmother to have one while tuning out her complaints of the generous amount of whipped cream on top.
Stay sweet, everyone! ❤️
>>PIN RECIPE FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
SWEETEN UP YOUR INBOX!
SUBSCRIBE to the Queenslee Appétit Newsletter to recieve new recipe notifications, monthly baking tips, sneak peeks to upcoming recipes, exclusive recipes and more!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- 3 strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
- Extra ganache (above)
Chocolate Chip Strawberry Milkshake:
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 6 fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Strawberry Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jell-o powder
For the Rim/Glass:
- In a heat safe bowl, microwave the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips together in 30 second intervals, until the cream is steaming hot. This takes me about 1 minute, but it may be longer for you, so stir after each interval to check if the chocolate is melted enough.
- Stir until the mixture comes together to form a thick and silky ganache.
- Dip the top and sides of the rim of your milkshake glasses into the ganache. Take a spoonful of ganache and swirl into the glasses. Transfer glasses to the refrigerator to set.
For the Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- Line a plate with wax or parchment paper. Dip the strawberries in the extra ganache and place onto lined plate.
- Feel free to drizzle with melted white chocolate or garnish with sprinkles or nuts!
For the Chocolate Chip Strawberry Milkshake:
- Add ice cream, milk or cream, strawberries and chocolate chips to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- If you want a thinner milkshake add additional milk a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into the chilled glasses, about 3/4 the way up so it doesn’t spill over when you add the whipped cream.
For the Strawberry Whipped Cream:
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the chilled cream, powdered sugar and strawberry jell-o powder together on high speed until it reaches stiff peaks, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pipe onto the milkshakes. Top with extra ganache and a chocolate covered strawberry. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1361Total Fat: 93gSaturated Fat: 58gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 226mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 132gFiber: 8gSugar: 116gProtein: 16g
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.