Chocolate Lovers, welcome! This is the chocolatiest, chocolatey, chocolate milkshake of all time. Oops, did I say “milkshake”? I meant FREAKSHAKE! Warning: this recipe is not for the faint of heart.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Post and recipe updated 09/13/19
The Ultimate Chocolate Lovers Freakshake
In honour of National Chocolate Milkshake Day, I made the Ultimate Chocolate Lovers Freakshake! I decided to make a Freakshake instead of a regular milkshake, because I just can't do anything plain, it's not apart of me.
Freakshakes are right up my alley, because the entire point is to be over the top and extra, which is how we love to do things over here.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am the ULTIMATE chocolate lover! Have been since I was a baby (I'm serious, I'm completely covered in chocolate in most of my baby pictures).
Chocolate is just the greatest thing ever created, I can't get enough! I'm actually ashamed at the lack of chocolate dessert recipes I have on here, but that'll change. This is just the beginning of all of the extreme chocolate recipes I'll be posting in the future.
Chocolatey Glass Decoration
Doesn’t that chocolate rim look delectable? Is that not the worst sentence you’ve ever read?
Anyways, you don’t have to decorate the glass if you don’t want to, but look at it! It’s so tempting, why wouldn’t you want a double layer of chocolate around your glass to enjoy after drinking this milkshake?
When I first made this milkshake, I had a lot of problems with the chocolate pieces sliding down, but I’ve found a solution! After spreading the chocolate around the rim, place the glass upside down on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet or plate.
Now press the chocolate pieces into the chocolate, then place in the freezer to set. Please line your sheet with parchment, because I was in a rush and just placed it on the plate so when I went to remove it, I had to use a hot knife and well, it wasn’t pretty.
Best Chocolate Milkshake
The milkshake itself is really easy to make, and only requires 3 ingredients: chocolate ice cream, heavy cream or milk, and hot fudge sauce. I used chocolate chunk ice cream, again because I wanted this milkshake to be fit for the ultimate chocolate lover! I also recommend you don't fill the milkshake to the top of the glass. As you can see, I made quite a mess.
Insane Chocolate Toppings
The milkshake itself is enough to make a chocoholics knees go weak, but I decided to jazz it up by topping it with the best chocolatey desserts! I just went chocolate crazy, then this masterpiece was created!
Chocolate whipped cream, chocolate curls, melted chocolate, brownie, chocolate cake, chocolate sauce, chocolate truffles and a chocolate bar.
Yeah, I went a bit nuts. But that’s the point of a FREAKshake! I wanted this milkshake to DROWN in chocolate, and by God it did!
I made this milkshake to fit my preference, but you could top this Freakshake with any of your personal favourite chocolate goods. You could also leave out all of the toppings and enjoy this milkshake on its own!
I hope this Freakshake inspires you to make your own mega milkshake. It’s definitely overindulgent, but it’s worth every calorie. So put on your stretchy pants and dig in!
Now if you excuse me, I’m gonna go slip into a chocolate coma…
You May Also Like
Did you make this Chocolate Lovers Freakshake? Let me know how they turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to leave a rating!
>>PIN THIS FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
Let’s get baking!
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- ¾ cup heavy cream, chilled
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 milk chocolate Bars
- Chocolate sauce
- 4 cups (8 scoops) Chocolate ice cream
- ¼-1/2 cup (60-120ml) heavy cream or milk
- ¼ cup hot fudge sauce
- Chocolate curls
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Truffles
- Hershey's bar pieces
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, whip the chilled cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla until it reaches stiff peaks, about 3-4 minutes. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the Rim/Glass:
- Break up 3 of the chocolate bars into a heat safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate over the outer rim of each glass. Place the glass upside down on a parchment lined baking sheet or plate.
- Break up the remaining 2 chocolate bars and press the pieces onto the chocolate rim. Transfer to the refrigerator or the freezer to set while you prepare the milkshake.
For the Chocolate Milkshake:
- Add the chocolate Ice cream, ¼-1/2 cup of cream or milk *(see notes) and hot fudge sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove glasses from freezer and drizzle remaining melted chocolate in the glass along with some chocolate sauce. Pour in milkshake.
- Transfer chocolate whipped cream to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe a swirl of whipped cream on top. Garnish with chocolate curls.
- Place a brownie on top of the whipped cream and a slice of chocolate cake on top of the brownie. Squeeze in the truffles and chocolate bar pieces on top and around the brownie and cake. Drizzle the top of the milkshake with more chocolate sauce and melted chocolate, if desired. Enjoy!
- Use ¼ cup of milk or cream for a thicker milkshake or ½ cup if you want a thinner milkshake.
- The whipped cream and toppings are optional. Feel free to top this milkshake with whatever you'd like.
- Do not fill the glasses all the way to the top or else the milkshake will overflow when you add the toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.