The perfect pizza crust topped with homemade pizza sauce, gooey cheese and tons of sausage, pepperoni and crumbled bacon! A meat lovers dream come true!
Meat Lovers Pizza
I’m back with another homemade pizza recipe. I just love making pizza from scratch now, because it’s so easy and you can top it with whatever your heart desires! Today I decided to make my favourite pizza ever – Meat Lovers!
Every time I order a pizza, I get meat lovers so I just HAD to make my own homemade version. And lemme tell you, this homemade meat lovers pizza is unbelievably delicious! Fluffy pizza crust topped with yummy homemade pizza sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, pepperoni slices and crumbled bacon and sausage! A meat lovers dream and a vegetarians worst nightmare.
Perfect Pizza Crust
Sure it’ll take about 2 hours in prep time, but it’s super easy to make and tastes a lot better than store bought. Also, my recipe yields 2 crusts, so you can wrap one up and store it in the freezer for any future pizza nights!
Perfect Pizza Sauce
One of the biggest contributors to the perfect homemade pizza is a perfect sauce. As with most of my pizza recipes, I made a batch of my tried and true Homemade Pizza Sauce to top this pizza with.
My pizza sauce recipe makes enough for up to 2-4 pizzas, depending on how much sauce you like. You can halve the recipe, or you could use some of it, then store the rest in a ziplock bag in the freezer for a few months.
Now my homemade pizza sauce is super easy to put together, but if you don’t want to go through the troubles of an extra step and additional ingredients, you can use store bought. Although the sauce adds a lot more flavour, the true star in this recipe is the yummy meaty topping!
Meat Lovers Toppings
On top of my super flavourful pizza sauce, I piled on some shredded mozzarella, parmesan and loads of pepperoni, hot Italian sausage and crispy bacon. You can add some chopped ham along with any other kinds of meats you prefer.
Let’s rewind for a second so I can share some homemade pizza tips and tricks. Before rolling out your pizza dough, you’ll want to preheat your oven to 475° and allow it go heat up for about 30 minutes. You read that right, 30 minutes! You want every part of the oven to be HOT before you put the pizza in to ensure it all bakes up evenly.
For the pizza pan, I like to use a pan with holes in the bottom (like this one) because it makes the crust extra crispy. Another thing that’ll give you a super crispy crust is cornmeal! Dust your pan with a bit of cornmeal before adding your dough. Your crust/pizza will taste just as good as the ones you get at the restaurant!
If you and your family are lovers of meat, you’ll adore this pizza! This will definitely be my go-to pizza recipe from now on, and once you make it you’ll think twice about getting delivery!
>>PIN ME FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 recipe Homemade Pizza Sauce (or you can use store-bought)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Ib. Hot Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3-4 slices of crispy bacon, crumbled
Assembly of the Meat Lovers Pizza:
- Prepare one recipe of my Homemade Pizza Dough and my Homemade Pizza Sauce. Alternatively, you could use store-bought.
- Preheat oven to 475°F and allow to heat for at least 30 minutes. Grease a pizza pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- If you prefer a thin crust, roll out dough into a circle using a rolling pin. If you want a thicker crust, flatten and stretch on prepared pizza pan or hold the dough up on one side and quickly move your hands around the edges to stretch it out. Use your fingers to push up the edges to create a crust. Let dough rest for 10-15 minutes before topping.
- Brush the crust with olive oil, top with about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of pizza sauce, shredded cheeses, pepperoni slices, cooked sausage and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- If you prefer a darker crust, move pan to the top rack and bake for another 1-2 minutes. Allow pizza to cool for about 3-5 minutes. Slice and serve!
- My pizza dough recipe makes 2 crusts. You can halve the recipe, or you can store one ball of dough in the freezer to make a second pizza.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
OXO Good Grips 4-Inch Pizza Wheel
Set of 2 Pastry Brushes, 1-Inch and 1 1/2-Inch Width Natural Boar Bristle Pastry Brushes, Lacquered Hardwood Basting Brushes, Cooking / Baking Brushes
Baker's Advantage Nonstick Pizza Crisper, 12-Inch
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Love, Dedra ❤
DID YOU MAKE A RECIPE?
Tag @queensleeappetit and use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I can see all of the Queenslee Appétit recipes you’ve made!
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.