Mint, chocolate and Oreos all come together in these Mint Oreo Fudge Brownies. A fudgy mint brownie stuffed with mint Oreos, a chewy, melt-in-your-mouth mint Oreo fudge and a rich chocolate topping. These decadent bars are loaded with minty flavour!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
*Post/Photos/Recipe Updated 03/09/2020*
Mint Oreo Fudge Brownies
Mint and chocolate are a match made in flavour heaven. It’s one of the greatest flavour combinations to ever exist, right up there with chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and hazelnut. Hell, any flavour combination that includes chocolate is a win in my book!
The deep rich flavour of the chocolate combined with the fresh and bold flavour of mint is absolutely irresistible! It was definitely time for me to share a mint and chocolate recipe on the blog, especially with St. Patrick’s Day coming up.
I went to Walmart the other day and stumbled upon a rare package of mint flavoured Oreos, and a lightbulb immediately went off in my head. So I decided to take my insane Oreo Fudge Brownies and give them a minty twist!
3 Parts in these Brownie
There are three mouth-watering layers that make up this dessert.
- Mint Oreo Brownies: my favourite brownie recipe flavoured with mint and stuffed with mint Oreos!
- Mint Cookies and Cream Fudge: a simple white chocolate fudge tinted green, flavoured with mint and loaded with chopped oreos.
- Mint Chocolate Ganache Topping: not only does this ganache make a delicious topping for cheesecakes, it’s also great on fudge brownies!
Fudgy Mint Oreo Brownies
These decadent fudge bars start off with my tried and true brownies that I’ve used in just about every brownie recipe I’ve made.
I like my brownies to be incredibly chewy, dense and fudgy with that beautiful crackly top, and my homemade brownies fit the bill. One day I’ll have to post a recipe for the brownies themselves without anything sitting on top, because they’re that amazing on their own.
To make the brownies, we start by melting the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. As soon as the mixture is melted, add both brown and white sugar. The mixture of these two sugars create a more moist and chewy texture in the finished brownies.
To flavour the brownies, I used pure mint extract, which gives these bars the perfect minty flavour. Next, add the flour, cocoa (for a deeper chocolate flavour) and salt. I used less than a cup of flour for these brownies, because the less flour you use, the fudgier your brownies will be!
Baker’s Tip: Line your pan with aluminum foil and let some hang over the edges so you can easily lift the bars out of the pan once they’re set!
In my Oreo Fudge Brownies recipe, I stuffed the brownies with Oreos, so I decided to do the same here but with mint Oreos instead.
If you can’t find mint Oreos, feel free to use regular Oreos or any other kind of mint cookie, like thin mints. You could even leave the Oreos out completely, they’ll still taste just as good without them!
Mint Cookies and Cream Fudge
Next up is the fudge! Only 5 ingredients are needed for this simple fudge — sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate chips, mint extract, green food colouring (optional) and mint Oreos.
Simply add the condensed milk and white chocolate chips to a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until melted and smooth. Flavour with mint extract and tint with green food colouring. The green colouring is optional, but I mean it’s the colour of mint, and I also wanted these to be St. Patrick’s Day themed!
Next, we fold in the chopped mint Oreos. The fudge will be pretty thick. Spread over the brownies and transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the ganache.
Mint Chocolate Ganache Topping
In the original recipe, I topped these brownies with melted chocolate, but this time I decided to upgrade to a mint chocolate ganache! Not only is the ganache softer and easier to eat, we can also add mint flavouring without having to worry about the chocolate seizing up (which were my initial concerns).
Making the ganache is simple, we just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time until the cream is simmering hot. From there, just stir slowly and it’ll all combine to make a nice smooth ganache! I recommend using dark chocolate chips because it balances out the sweetness of the fudge and brownies.
Once all of the layers have set, lift them out of the pan and slice them with a hot knife. You’ll get cleaner slices while the brownies are chilled, but they’re best enjoyed at room temperature.
With a fork, mind you, unless you can get your jaws wide enough to bite into these humongous bars. Or you can cut them in half, which is preferred because these bars are pretty large and one half is enough to satisfy all of your sweet tooth cravings.
With the Oreos, brownies and fudge, these bars are like enjoying three desserts in one! Each layer is extremely easy to make and each bite is worth every calorie! Trust me, you’ll fall in love with these minty and chocolate-y fudge-packed treats! Enjoy!
>>PIN THIS FOR LATER<<
FOLLOW QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT
Like what you see? Make sure you‘re following Queenslee Appétit for more tasty recipes!
Have any questions about the recipe? Contact me here, and I’ll be happy to help!
SHARE YOUR PICS!
Tag me on Instagram @queensleeappetit or use the hashtag #queensleeappetit so I could see your gorgeous creations!
SWEETEN UP YOUR INBOX!
SUBSCRIBE to the Queenslee Appétit Newsletter to recieve new recipe notifications, monthly baking tips, sneak peeks to upcoming recipes, exclusive recipes and more!
Let's get baking!
Mint Oreo Brownies:
- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (70%), chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, cubed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 Mint Oreos
Mint Oreo Fudge:
- 1 and ¼ cup (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure mint extract
- Few drops of green gel food colouring
- 15 Mint Oreos, roughly chopped
Mint Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon mint extract
For the Mint Oreo Brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (325°F for dark non-stick pans) (180°C). Line a 9x9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving about 2-inches hanging over the sides and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate and cubed butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir constantly until the butter and chocolate are both melted and combined, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and immediately add both sugars, whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth. Use your fingertip to check the temperature of the batter to make sure it's not too hot--it should be warm. If it is too hot, let it cool for a few minutes before proceeding. This is so the eggs don't curdle when added.
- Add eggs, egg yolk and mint extract and slowly whisk until combined. Do not overmix. Add flour, cocoa, and salt and stir with a rubber spatula until well blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan and place Oreos in an even layer. Pour the rest of the batter on top and spread into an even layer to cover Oreos. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie comes out with a few moist crumbs, not wet batter. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
For the Mint Oreo Fudge:
- Add sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate chips to a medium bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat on medium-low, stirring constantly until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is combined and smooth. Remove from heat and mix in mint extract and a few drops of green food colouring. Fold in chopped Oreos.
- Spread over cooled brownies and place in the refrigerator to set, about 2 hours.
For the Mint Chocolate Ganache:
- In a heat safe bowl, add the chocolate chips heavy whipping cream and mint extract in 30 second intervals, for about 1 minute. Stir slowly until mixture comes together to form a thick ganache.
- Pour ganache over fudge and spread into an even layer. Return to the refrigerator to set for 20-25 minutes.
- Once every layer is set, lift the brownies out of the pan and slice into even portions. Enjoy!
- Storage: Store fudge brownies at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
Wilton Leaf Green Icing Color, 1 oz. - Green Food Coloring
KitchenAid KBNSO09SQ Professional-Grade Nonstick 9"x9"x2" Square Pan Bakeware
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 952Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 100gFiber: 5gSugar: 78gProtein: 11g
Try my Mint Oreo Cheesecake next!
©QUEENSLEE APPÉTIT. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.